The Day to Day Thread: Map Engine done, Progress %

Go down

The Day to Day Thread: Map Engine done, Progress %

Post  A_Hereos_Legacy on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:09 pm

So I've made it. And I'll put it in a journal form for easy management. This will include information on SLAM, the site, and the forums. I'll be adding an entry ever 1-3 days.

Date: April 5, 2010.

Above is the WIP title screen. I've still got to edit the background (Sonic faces) and the options, as long as the Memory Selection screen.

The chao will also be customizable. But in which way? Vote on Which one YOU would rather have.
POLL
1. The ability to change colour, clothing, and other features.
2. To change the Chao altogether to represent a theme. (Sonic theme would replace the chao with Sonic etc.)
3. Show your own in game chao of your choice.

Now to step away from that, I've added only 4 modes. I can change this to many other options like:

Extras
Two Player/ Multiplayer (That'll be a maybe)
and any otehrs you can think of.

That's the end of today's Day to Day Information. See you all when I post again.

Last edited by Admin(Superhydrosonic55) on Tue May 25, 2010 9:20 am; edited 3 times in total
A_Hereos_Legacy
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://superhydrosonic55.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Day to Day Thread: Map Engine done, Progress %

Post  A_Hereos_Legacy on Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:17 am

Day 2: or so....

I'll be offline for a week, for school, and SLAM, and personal life. Check up on all you then.
A_Hereos_Legacy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  A_Hereos_Legacy on Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:09 pm

I'm now introducing a new system to leveling. It's the fashionable talent tree. Each character will have 3 choices of branches to choose from, according to their stats. Each level gives you 1 talent point throughout the game. Their are a total of 12 tiers per branch. Here's an example of Sonic's WIND tree.

Char: Sonic
Element : Wind
Priority: Damage

Tier 1:

Gust : Sonic's speed is increased by 3%. /3
Turbulence: Sonic's Combo moves do 3% more damage. /3

In order to reach the next talent you must have atleast 5 points in the previous tiers in order to go up one. As you can see this is quite similer to WOW. I picked this because it's an actual good idea for any general game.

As in tier 1 the ones shown let you increase damage as passive skills. This means you don't need to activate them, and they are always active. Once you get to tier 12 you get to choose your signature move.

Example:

Sonic

Tier 12:

Knight of the Wind: Transform into the knight of the wind and slice your foe with 5000dmg every strike and each strike has a 50% chance to crit and stun the foe for the next turn.

That's one of the 3 choosable WIND signature moves. These moves are called when your signature bar is full. (Only happens at lvl 20). YOU WILL have a signature before this one but it is weak compared to it.

Some talents let you learn a new skill like:

Sonic Hurricane: Whirl the enemy into the air for 3 turns. The foe cannot be damaged during the effect. (3 turn cooldown).

So anyways I'm working through this and will show a picture once im done.
A_Hereos_Legacy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  A_Hereos_Legacy on Wed May 05, 2010 6:21 pm

Here's an update on characters.

I've recently added a new character to the villain roster. His name and identity will be kept secret until you beat him in the game. He is playable, but to unlock him will be extremely hard. You can unlock him anytime after you've beat him once.

Char: ????
pic:

Everything about him: ????
Allignment: Evil
Bio:

This villain controls 2 elements. Shadow/Darkness and Blood/Death. He can levitate and do some pretty amazing moves. His defense is average along with his attack. Though his speed and elemental damage are "overpowered" to most characters. He's able to turn invisable for 3 turns or so to avoid damage while attacking.

Element Info:

-Shadow/Darkness: Pretty straight forward. He can control dark energy and can use many abilities. One is the Hand of Darkness. Forming a dark claw to come out of him, he can grab the enemy and throw him around. There are many variations of this attack, with different tactics.

-Blood/Death: This is where his cons come in. When he uses blood attacks (His strongest) he looses HP and when you use many you might notice he can get below 10% in mear seconds if he's abused. The blood element is what makes this character give the player skill. Spamming dark moves do low damage intake, which isn't good for timed battles. He has one blood attack that absorbs HP, but only from his allies. Use this element carefully.

Signature Move: Frenzy of the Dark Born:

He strikes his enemy with Hand of Darkness, grabbing the foe up close. He blasts the foe with dark energy centered in the hand and throws them high above him. As the foe comes down he turns to his back and relinquishes his Wings of Blood. The wings are made of very strong bones that are unbreakable. So now the foe get punctured on the tips, as his spine sends giant spikes down his spine. The spike come from the spine leech out and go back in just like spikes on the walls of some videogames. Goes in...goes out... ANYWAYS after he hits the enemy 5 times with that the final blow sends him up again, now he will do a backflip into the air, grab the foe's neck, angle it 90 degrees downwards, and slams him into the ground. (Animated picture will be shown when I'm done.)

This attack does EXTREME damage but kills the user as well.
A_Hereos_Legacy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  A_Hereos_Legacy on Tue May 25, 2010 9:20 am

Now it has been a while, but I've been making progress all that time. I've just finished the map engine, all I have to do is add the character's special map ability and it should be good.

Just so we're all up to date, here's the stats on the game.

Map Engine: 90%
Battle Engine: 30% (Remaking)
Title Screen/Load Screen etc: 50%

Sprites: 20% (there's a lot)
Music: N/A
SFX: N/A

Cutscenes: 0% (Haven't got there yet)
Teaser Video: 10% (This will be out soon...)

So that's it for the update, and we could get some more activity on the forums Sad
A_Hereos_Legacy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  A_Hereos_Legacy on Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:53 pm

Now I know what everyone is thinking... WTH is the updates, or atleast a demo! Well I'll release the small Map engine today, and I finally got off school too. All the last 2 months were extremely busy. So expect a lot more updates.

Engine Overview:

Press F1 for more information when playing the game.

Summary: This is mostly about moving. Not the effects. And since I've almost perfected it I can add from there pretty easily.

File: www.megaupload.com/?d=F0T3XMQ8

Last edited by A_Hereos_Legacy on Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
A_Hereos_Legacy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  A_Hereos_Legacy on Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:54 pm

I just tried the link the next day and it's giving me problems >8(

So I'll fix that VERY soon.

EDIT: Just copy the site address without the />a on it, and it will work. The stupid site automatically puts that on for an advertisement. So just do the above to make it work.
A_Hereos_Legacy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  A_Hereos_Legacy on Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Seems as if there's no comments on it. Like what can be inproved etc.
A_Hereos_Legacy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kylod on Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:08 pm

A_Hereos_Legacy wrote:Now I know what everyone is thinking... WTH is the updates, or atleast a demo! Well I'll release the small Map engine today, and I finally got off school too. All the last 2 months were extremely busy. So expect a lot more updates.

Engine Overview:

Summary: This is mostly about moving. Not the effects. And since I've almost perfected it I can add from there pretty easily.

does the yellow thingy do anything?
kylod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A_Hereos_Legacy on Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:58 pm

kylod wrote:
A_Hereos_Legacy wrote:Now I know what everyone is thinking... WTH is the updates, or atleast a demo! Well I'll release the small Map engine today, and I finally got off school too. All the last 2 months were extremely busy. So expect a lot more updates.

Engine Overview:

No, I was testing how the collision might work on a rounded object. And it's just a circle, lol.
A_Hereos_Legacy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kylod on Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:22 pm

A_Hereos_Legacy wrote:
kylod wrote:

Engine Overview:

No, I was testing how the collision might work on a rounded object. And it's just a circle, lol.
oh lol i didnt know that it was only a collision test
kylod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Deshar on Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:35 pm

I guessed it was when I played it.
The Deshar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A_Hereos_Legacy on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:09 am

Just to let everyone know, the game is still on the way Smile
I've worked on it quite a bit, but I have a problem with inspiration to work on it Sad
That's the majority of why it's been going slowly.
I'll try to post some sprites I made to get into the game more etc. But right now im focusing on my game to get it going. So check out A Heroes Legacy if you get the chance.

Also I'll be making a new Youtube Channel soon, for the Game so stay tuned for it. :3
A_Hereos_Legacy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

well your still doing it

Post  kylod on Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:17 am

A_Hereos_Legacy wrote:Just to let everyone know, the game is still on the way Smile
I've worked on it quite a bit, but I have a problem with inspiration to work on it Sad
That's the majority of why it's been going slowly.
I'll try to post some sprites I made to get into the game more etc. But right now im focusing on my game to get it going. So check out A Heroes Legacy if you get the chance.

Also I'll be making a new Youtube Channel soon, for the Game so stay tuned for it. :3

its been quiet here so i thought you quit but im happy your still working on it Smile and the new youtube channel would be awesome!
kylod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down